Accessories for String Inverters
4.17MVA Medium Voltage Transformer Skid
The CPS 3-phase 4170kVA, 34.5/0.8kV Medium Voltage Transformer and Skid Solution is the last step in the conversion chain that brings electrical energy to the power grid. The transformers are designed for superior reliability, efficiency, and environmental performance. A modular architecture paired with design options ensure cost efficiency and easy minimal maintenance. The 20ft container Skid Solution includes the Low Voltage cabinet, Auxiliary Transformer, Communications & Controls.
The CPS 800Vac/800A AC Combiner Box is designed for CPS 275kW three-phase string inverters to optimize system design, installation, and wire management. The units combine the output of up to (3) CPS 275kW inverters, allowing a cost-effective solution for simplifying system designs and minimizing AC wire losses. This solution enables savings on labor and material costs by reducing the amount of wires needed to connect CPS string inverters to the grid.
CPS Cluster Mounting Bracket
The CPS Cluster Mounting Bracket is designed to provide a simple, low-cost mounting solution for CPS 250/275kW inverters and CPS 800V AC Combiners. (3) CPS 250/275kW and (1) 800V AC Combiner can be mounted onto piles to easily install the equipment for ground mount PV applications. This solution enables savings on labor and material costs for system designs and installation.
The CPS 4:1 600V AC Combiner is designed for CPS 100/125kW three-phase string inverters to optimize system design, installation, and wire management. The units combine the output of up to (4) CPS 100/125kW inverters allowing a cost-effective solution for simplifying system designs and minimizing AC wire losses. This solution enables savings on labor and material costs by reducing the amount of wires needed to connect CPS string inverters to the grid.
The Y-Comb Terminal Block allows for conductors carrying more than 20A to be landed in the wirebox of the 50/60kW 1000V inverters and the 100/125kW 1500V inverters.
These adaptors distribute the current between two adjacent fuseholders to provide better thermal performance.
Two kits available:
- BTH100 for 1000V applications in the CPS 50/60kW inverters.
- BTH200 for 1500V applications in the CPS 100/125kW inverters.
Our shade cover is designed and manufactured by CPS specifically for use with our 23, 28, 36, 50 and 60kW string inverters. The covers help protect the inverter in harsh weather conditions (snow, ice) and reduces the thermal gain caused by direct sunlight. It also allows increased energy harvest by reducing inverter temperature clipping in high-temperature environments.
A shade cover is required for installations at less than 75∞ from parallel.
- Designed to mount directly to the inverter
- Lay-flat shipping design reduces packaging waste and improves handling at the job site
- Easy to install – four fasteners with hand tools
- Easy access to the wire-box and LCD screen WITHOUT removing the shade cover
Locking disconnect covers reduce random tampering by passers-by in a publicly accessible install environment such as a bank or school. Installers need to verify code compliance with local AHJs and Inspectors.
- Eliminate a truck roll to reset the inverter when turned off by accident
- One key works for all
- Easy key management with a marked key box on the site
Accessories for String Inverters
CPS offers padmount MV Transformers as part of the TotalBOSS solutions for use with CPS string inverter and CPS AC Combiners in the US commercial & utility-scale solar PV market.
Standard MV Transformers available:
- 2.2MVA, 600Vac input MV Transformer
- 2.75MVA, 600Vac input MV Transformer
- 3.3MVA, 600Vac input MV Transformer
Fuse Bypass Terminals enable:
- Larger single conductors to be terminated at each MPPT within the wirebox, bypassing the input fuses
- Reducing the number of DC homeruns to the inverters
- NEC 2014 Rapid Shutdown combiners
- Retrofit applications with combined DC strings
Fuse Bypass Terminal Kits available:
- 23/28/36kW FUSE BYPASS TERMINAL KIT – Includes 4 Bypass Terminals (2 pairs)
- 50/60kW FUSE BYPASS TERMINAL KIT – Includes 6 Bypass Terminals (3 pairs)
The CPS AC-PLC KIT 800V/US is designed for the implementation of power line communication (PLC) over the AC conductors on the low-voltage side of a PV system enabling a low-cost and reliable solution for data communication and control of the 250/275KTL inverters. At the signal source side, the PLC modulation device inside the CPS AC-PLC KIT transforms the data to be transmitted into high-frequency signals through a series of operations such as encoding and modulation, and couples the high-frequency signals to the AC conductors through coupling circuits. At the receiver end within each 250/275KTL inverter, the PLC demodulation device separates and restores the modulated data carrier signals to their original form. The CPS AC-PLC KIT includes the FlexOM Gateway, 12V DC power supply, surge and over-current protection, and a 120Vac convenience outlet all mounted and pre-wired in a weatherproof NEMA 4X enclosure.
CPS developed custom racks for our 25KTL-480V, 25KTL-208V, 36KTL, and 50/60KTL inverters to provide a racking solution for CPS inverter mounting on rooftops. The racks enable inverters to be mounted “almost flat” with a 15-degree tilt angle against the horizontal line.
Two parts available:
- SR-25 kit for 1000V applications in the CPS 25kW-480V inverters. Includes shade cover.
- SR-60 for 1000V applications in the CPS 25kW-208V, 36kW, and 50/60kW inverters.